SEARCH THIS BLOG

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Fashionista Dress Up Party Dessert Table



This post is loooong overdue!  I wasn't lying when I said this blogging thing ain't easy.  If you've been following along with my blog for a while, you know that my Mini Diva's birthday (last year) was a fashionista themed celebration....months later I shared the adorable photo booth ideas, the fun dress up party activities and a series of festive fashion inspired party decor I created....but I COMPLETELY forgot to share the BEST part of all.....the sweets table (DUH - total #mommybrain moment).  I guess I got so caught up in other blog projects, that I just left out the 'icing on the cake' from the whole party series.

So, without further ado......







My pretty girl had a hand in a lot of the details of her sweets table.  She knew the exact kind of cake she wanted, she definitely wanted everything to taste like cotton candy and for sure wanted her colors to be hot pink, turquoise, purple and 'golden' (her choice word for gold).

The cake was ordered from our local Safeway bakery, I simply requested a riffle border all over the cake in shades of pink.  I topped the cake with a few handmade toppers and all in all it only cost me $20 and was DELICIOUS!  We also placed a few vanilla cupcakes on the table 














The cookies were a fun hands on project that my daughter helped with.  We took baked sugar cookies from the store bakery, frosted them with plain white buttercream frosting, allowed them to crust over, then, I piped on the leopard print the we gently rubbed them down with a Viva brand paper towel to get a smooth finish.  Our nail polish treats were an idea found on Pinterest.  They're marshmallows and Tootsie Rolls dipped in chocolate!





Also on the table was chocolate covered popcorn and cans of crazy string that I wrapped in gold bling sheets.  I found the cutest acrylic purses that I filled with Cotton Candy Mike & Ike's.  All the other candy treats were purchased from different candy shops but you can typically find them online or in stores.








For a little more fun, I took my party girl to the National Harbor for her very own photo shoot.






 I think she had a major Fashionista time!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails