Here are the rest of the images I captured from the shoot! I was inspired by the colors of sherbet and used those to design a printable collection over two years ago and never managed to get my photos taken (see the printables in this post).
If you like the idea of throwing a fun summertime cool out party I've shared a few ideas and tips at the end of this post.
Don't let summer pass without gathering friends and family together for a fun way to beat the heat! This Summertime Cool Out party was inspired by the raspberry, lemon and orange colors of sherbet and ice pops! I created a colorful printable collection that I think is the bees knees! This idea can also work well for just about any occasion from baby showers to birthdays!
- To help keep my treats cool, I placed metal cookie sheets in the freezer. After I set up my table with stands and dishes, I put all the frozen treats onto the cookie sheets as I placed them onto their serving dishes and containers on the sweets table.
- Have plenty of ice on hand and fill galvanized buckets with plenty of it to keep your frozen treats and beverages well chilled.
- Everyone loves a whimsical spin on an ordinary treat. I made sherbet cupcakes by filling decorative nut cups with scoops of sherbet, topped with whipped cream, sprinkles, wafer rolls and froze them overnight so they would hold up a bit in the heat. You can also take popsicle molds and fill with delicious candy, tie a pretty ribbon to them with a tag for guests to enjoy.
- Incorporate candy and desserts that coordinate with your theme and color scheme. Using chocolate candy molds, I made candy popsicle lollipops and decorated each one a little differently with sprinkles. I also filled glass jars with candy, wafer rolls and topped store bought sugar cookies with plastic frozen treat cupcake picks.
- Keeping frozen items outside is a bit tricky (unless you have a cool outdoor plug in freezer) - obviously. You'll want to keep your frozen treats as cold as possible for as long as possible and it's a little hard to do in the summer heat. Try keeping extra ice pops in your freezer and bring out as needed....hopefully they won't last too long - especially on a hot summer day!
You can find the Summertime Cool Out Party Printables Here