SEARCH THIS BLOG

Monday, August 11, 2014

{Etsy Shop} Summertime Cool Out Party

Last week I shared these adorable Sherbet Cupcakes that I made for an stay cool summertime ice pop themed photo shoot for the coordinating printables I have in my Etsy shop.

 Here are the rest of the images I captured from the shoot! I was inspired by the colors of sherbet and used those to design a printable collection over two years ago and never managed to get my photos taken (see the printables in this post).

 If you like the idea of throwing a fun summertime cool out party I've shared a few ideas and tips at the end of this post.






























Don't let summer pass without gathering friends and family together for a fun way to beat the heat!  This Summertime Cool Out party was inspired by the raspberry, lemon and orange colors of sherbet and ice pops!  I created a colorful printable collection that I think is the bees knees!  This idea can also work well for just about any occasion from baby showers to birthdays!

Tips and ideas to throwing an ice pop inspired Summertime Cool Out Party:
  • To help keep my treats cool, I placed metal cookie sheets in the freezer.   After I set up my table with stands and dishes, I put all the frozen treats onto the cookie sheets as I placed them onto their serving dishes and containers on the sweets table.
  • Have plenty of ice on hand and fill galvanized buckets with plenty of it to keep your frozen treats and beverages well chilled.
  • Everyone loves a whimsical spin on an ordinary treat.  I made sherbet cupcakes by filling decorative nut cups with scoops of sherbet, topped with whipped cream, sprinkles, wafer rolls and froze them overnight so they would hold up a bit in the heat.  You can also take popsicle molds and fill with delicious candy, tie a pretty ribbon to them with a tag for guests to enjoy.
  • Incorporate candy and desserts that coordinate with your theme and color scheme.  Using chocolate candy molds, I made candy popsicle lollipops and decorated each one a little differently with sprinkles.  I also filled glass jars with candy, wafer rolls and topped store bought sugar cookies with plastic frozen treat cupcake picks.
  • Keeping frozen items outside is a bit tricky (unless you have a cool outdoor plug in freezer) - obviously.  You'll want to keep your frozen treats as cold as possible for as long as possible and it's a little hard to do in the summer heat. Try keeping extra ice pops in your freezer and bring out as needed....hopefully they won't last too long - especially on a hot summer day!




6 comments:

  1. What an adorable theme. I absolutely loooove the colors, and I need that galvanized bucket in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this party and the bright colors such a cute theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely an awesome theme for a summer party. Love the peachy orange color you used and the favor bags are too cute! In love with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much to love about this party! The fact that you jazzed up store bought cookies with the Popsicle chocolates... Brilliant! Why haven't I thought of that?! The signage is adorable- you hit this out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You nailed this one Keisha! Lots of fun details and the colors definitely remind me of sherbet. The printables are on point as well as the styling. Kudos to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever to put candy in the popsicle molds? Love love love!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails