SEARCH THIS BLOG

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

{Party Re-Cap} Adam's Spiderman/Super Hero Party

This past weekend we celebrated my baby boy's 3rd birthday with just our immediate family.

Since the little mister loves him some Spider-Man, I set out to create a very simple and affordable Spiderman infused Super Hero party.  You know how I feel about character parties.  I was able to create the best of both worlds by using Spider-Man products I found at Tar-Jay's Dollar section a few months back, along with a comic book inspired collection I created for this party.

(Disclaimer....of sorts: I'll share the photos with you below, but I'd like to first say that between me and my mama - there were some serious camera issues.  I've done my best to conceal any flaws with teeny star twinklies all around the edges of the pics.....look here, I don't claim to be an ace photographer, but I know I can take a decent photo - just not this time.  In any case, I pulled out the best of the bunch - ENJOY!)

 I created a simple tablescape using a bright bold yellow table cloth and created a runner using a pice of Spider-Man fabric I found at JoAnn's.  The personalized artwork was made on my computer.  I got the idea from the Marvel comics live action movies.  If you ever notice the beginning of their movies shows a quick feed of different comics that blend into the word MARVEL - in this case, I used my son's name, and framed them using Ikea's Tolsby frames that I heart.

 I loved the idea of letting the kids be little heroes, so I made masks and individualized a cape for each of them.  They really got a kick out of dressing up in their costumes.



 I may have mentioned before that I do not do cookies very well....but I have been so inspired by the cookie creations of Sweet Sugarbelle - that I wanted to try to do some for this party.  They turned out pretty okay and were VERY delicious - Thanks to Betty Crocker.

I have this really cute Cricut cartridge that makes cupcake wrappers and used the Super Hero one to do the wrappers and I added toppers to them from the collection I created.

For the food, we set out HERO sandwiches.  My mom gave me a really good idea. She went to Subway and bought four foot longs, and had them cut into sixths!  They were the perfect size for the kids and there was plenty to go around for the adults! We also had VENGEFUL VEGGIES and a small candy buffet with cupcakes and a Spider-Man topped cake.

This was a very easy and simple party to pull together and I was happy that my little man enjoyed his special day!


You can purchase the Super Hero Party Kit for my Etsy shop here.

2 comments:

  1. I must really say job well done. I love your custom ideas, when a party is all store brought things it kinda takes away to me.. Don't get me wrong I buy things; however when it's made.. Baked etc. it just adds that extra flare! This all looks really great without going overboard. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the centerpiece!!! I am in the process of planning my 3 year old's party. Could you tell me how you did his name on your computer??? Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails