SEARCH THIS BLOG

Friday, March 16, 2012

My Friend Alison

I had my Part 2 post about the cupcake pedestals all set to go out this morning for your guys, but thought to share something pretty important with you instead. This morning, I opened my Facebook page and watched this touching thought-provoking video on the subject of distracted driving featuring my friend, Alison Holden:

 
I felt it was important to share this video with all my readers before the weekend starts.  I know how easy it is to want to respond to a text or answer a call while you are driving, but the next time you  are in your car and reach for your phone, please remember that not only can you be injured by a distracted driving, you can also do irreparable damage to others.

I'm glad I still have my buddy around to be able to tell us her story, but I sure would miss her cheeriness and her shouting me out each time I tweet about my little party business on Twitter.

To find out more information on how you can get involved or to hear more stories on how distracted driving has changed the lives of many others visit distraction.gov.  You can also take Oprah's No Phone Zone pledge and make a promise to not drive while distracted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails