SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, March 24, 2011

{Sweet Treats} Bubble Gum Candied Popcorn

The Mini Diva loves popcorn and she loves bubblegum so it would only make sense to combine the two and come up with a delicious treat to have as a snack at her party. So, I made Bubble Gum Popcorn Balls!

First, I found the recipe here.

Then I ordered some Bubble Gum Flavoring and went home and started on my masterpiece.


I did make a minor adjustment to the recipe (mine is below) but the steps are easy recipe to follow.


Here's the final product:


I thought the popcorn was absolutely delicious......then, I gave a popcorn ball to Miss Thing for her snack and she hated it! She thought they were gross and really only likes popcorn with the brown (caramel) candy on it......WHATEVER!!!! Honestly, I was so darn ticked off that I didn't even package them up for presentation. I guess I should have expected that as she's in a picky phase at the moment. On the plus side, I'll have one less thing to make for the party!

If you think you'd like to make some you can try your hands at it. You don't have to make bubble gum flavored popcorn balls you can substitute the bubble gum flavor for cherry, cinnamon or vanilla!

Here's the recipe with my minor adjustments:

Bubble Gum Candied Popcorn
Using 1-dram (.125oz) bottles

4 quarts popped corn
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp 1 dram LorAnn Bubble Gum Gourmet Flavoring
Wilton Rose Icing Color

Directions

Keep freshly-popped corn warm in large baking pan in 200°F oven.

Combine sugar, corn syrup, butter, salt and cream of tartar in medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Cook to 250°F or about another 5 minutes without stirring.

Remove from heat. After boiling action ceases, add flavoring and color. Add soda and stir in quickly but thoroughly. Pour at once while foamy over warm popcorn; mix gently to coat corn. Shape into balls or spread onto cookie sheet and break into pieces when cool. (Handle hot popcorn with care - this is a job for an adult to do if you're doing this with kids).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails