Today I'm sharing how to make a colorful and affordable Mother's Day Floral Wall Hanging.
I purchased a bunch of silk flowers from the Dollar Store and found two succulent plants and a wooden tray and letters. I scored big on the succulents as they were on clearance and I also had a 50% off coupon and paid just $3 for my tray and my letters were just a little over $3. The rest of the supplies I already had on hand. So, the total cost to make this was around $21.
To make this project I used the following supplies:
Styrofoam (the photo shows green floral foam, I ended up using basic Styrofoam because I realized I needed to paint it),
Unfinished wooden tray
Wooden letters that spell out M-O-M
Picture hanging kit
For this project I used Folk Art Acrylic Paint in Patina to paint the tray.
To be sure I knew where I wanted the letters to go, I placed them on the tray along with the flowers. Once I was happy with where everything was situated I took a photo of my layout so, I could have a visual of where everything was placed, as I was going to remove the items so I could actually paint the tray.
As the paint dried, I traced, then cut out letters from the moss sheets and hot glued them on.
Once the tray was dry and my letters completely wrapped with moss, I filled it with broken pieces of Styrofoam and then added the letters and flowers.
Once all the flowers were back in place, I hot glued them into the Styrofoam and then wrapped a bit of floral wire around the moss letters.
Florals are such a big thing right now, so, I know this project will make a great Mother's Day Gift, and because the flowers will never die, it can be brought out year after year! If you end up making this project, I'd love to see your version. Leave a link to your photo below.
If you follow me on social media, be sure to tag @cwbdparties and #mothersday !
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Sarah at Ark in the Desert on our Living with Style Blog Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you make sure to see and learn from all of the articles featured here today.
The next stop is Bethany at Salty Blonde on Living with Style Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you again next month!
- Natalie Bradley at Soirée by Natalie Bradley
- Rhonda at MultiTaskingMaven
- Sofia Linha at Something On Everything
- Kristy Stewart at Under My Gabled Roof
- Lory Robinson at The Robin’s Nest Designs
- Pam Bennett at The Birch Cottage
- Lisa Milligan at Harmony and Happiness
- Dianne O’Donnell at Scrutinizing Life
- Ann Fontaine at The Clumsy Wife
- Leah M. Briick at Briick by Briick
- Jamie Srock at All That Srocks
- Lani Padilla at Simply Fresh Vintage
- Karissa Ancell at A Fresh Start
- Ellen Ocampo at Baby Boo Gifts
- Pam B at Hey, Miss Adventures!
- Kendra Sawyer at Wonderland Kind of Mind
- Anna at Anna International
- Abby Winstead at Winstead Wandering
- Fanny Seto at Living Richly on a Budget
- Laura Gelnett at Making It Happen Together
- Sarah at Ark in the Desert
- Keisha Sibert at Cupcake Wishes & Birthday Dreams << you are here
- Bethany at Salty Blonde