Monday, June 29, 2015
Friday, June 26, 2015
I hope you're all enjoying the fun and fabulous posts by our awesome Summer Camp Counselors - we sure love them! Don't worry, we're not done with Summer Camp just yet, it will continue through the end of July! But we want EVERYONE to be involved in Summer Camp, so we're hosting our annual Summer Camp link party because we want to see YOUR fabulous ideas as well! Our Summer Camp Link party starts today and will run through Saturday July 11th. Feel free to link up any projects, ideas, crafts, etc. that you have created which involve Summer Fun & Kids . We want new ideas as well as ideas from years past…the more the better! We'll feature some of our favorites throughout the party on our blog. We've recruited some of our Summer Camp Counselors to help host our link party.
When you link up to our party, it will show up on ALL the following participating blogs:
Design Dazzle | Not Just a Mommy | Rae Gun Ramblings | Holy Craft | Clean and Scentsible | The Scrap Shoppe | Simply Designing | Tips from a Typical Mom | Twin Dragonfly Designs | a girl and a gluegun | Here Comes the Sun | Hello Creative Family | Cupcake Wishes & Birthday Dreams | Strawberry Mommycakes | Made From Pinterest | Ginger Snap Crafts | Made By A Princess | My Daylights | Kiki & Company | My Mommy Style | Frog Prince Paperie | Tutus & Bowties Events | Everyday Party Magazine
Be sure to visit all of our new and previous Summer Camp ideas as well, by clicking the image below!
"Welcome to the Party Gals Linky Party! We're a group of CREATIVE PARTY PLANNERS here to share with you our love of parties, entertaining, delicious recipeS, DIY ideas and crafts! Visit us every other Friday to see what's new in our party world and link up with us to share your own fabulous ideas! "
"To start things off, I'm sharing my idea on how to make a balloon pop garland for July 4th.
"Visit me on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook to see more of my own personal faves - use the hashtag #ThePartyGalsLinky"
"Here are more great (theme) ideas from the rest of the Party Gals:"
Here is an idea that really POPS! I created this balloon pop activity for kids to partake in during your 4th of July festivities. All you need to create these for your little brood are small toys, candy, glitter and star shaped confetti.
Here's a tip: Create a funnel using the top of a water bottle. Just cut with a pair of scissors and place the balloon around the bottle opening and fill!
Using clear balloons, I filled each one with my 'filler' and then blew them up and tied them around a length of twine. You can hang the balloons up and make the garland. Another idea is to attach to straws or small sticks just for fun.
The fun part is getting to pop each balloon. Make sure you supervise little ones with this part. You simply take a sharp pin and POP!
This is such a fun and interactive twist on the average party garland. You can fill a balloon with so many different items and use this idea for other celebrations!
Tuesday, June 23, 2015
3. Tasting Cups - Zappy 4. Drink Dispenser - Amazon 5. Yard Dominoes - One Dog Woof
6. Fire Pit - Uniflame 7. Crudite Bar - Style Me Pretty 8. Outdoor Living Space - Parchitectural
9. Cafe String Lights - Pottery Barn 10. Smores - What's Gabby Cooking
1. Perfect Invites (Paperless Post) - There are so many options. I love the look and style of the invitations available - and you can save a tree and send them electronically If you MUST have paper order a bunch and blast them out the good old fashioned postal way!
2. Awesome Tracks - SRSLY...When it comes to my music, I'm an 80's and 90's kinda gal....and I do NOT discriminate. I absolutely love rap, pop, rock, grunge, metal, R&B, New Jack Swing, house....love it all. So, at my poorties you will certainly have a good mix of sounds to enjoy and shake a tail feather at. As a hostess, I say, play your faves and if you know your audio audience well, pull up your favorite genre on Milk or iTunes and let the good sounds roll, baby!
3. Mobile Tableware - Best advice you will ever get.....trust me....put EVERYTHING in a tiny cup or small disposable plate. No need to buy huge plates for everyone to load up (and probably spill on their cute outfit). Dainty is so much better...trust me.
4. Lemonade Bar - Little ones set up lemonade stands, but grown folk, we have Lemonade Bars! Serve up your best lemonade with a bevy of fixins and mix-ins, like berries, peaches, watermelon, mint and rosemary for your guests to build their own custom refreshing beverage. If you REALLY want to take it up a notch....pour a lil' Limoncello in your glass! I love using tall Ball Mason Jars and paper straws to dress up my drinks. Serve them from pretty glass dispensers and place them on top of wooden crates with glasses stored in the nooks!
5. Yard Amusements - Who doesn't love a fun yard game? I am loving the trend of over the top board games like Giant Jenga and Yard Dominoes! Once the sun sets try out a night time game! This idea for glow in the dark yard bowling is so fun and easy!
6.Warming Station - In some parts of our lovely world, summer air gets a little chilly. Create a space in your yard that's comfy and cozy. Purchase a fire pit or build your own fire pit and let your guest lounge & luxe around the warmth of a lovely fire.
7. Delicious Edibles - You MUST have food at a party. I mean you MUST. For summer events, I like to have food stuff that is easy to make, easy to hold and easy to eat. I love grilled chicken drumettes, sliced skirt steak, my favorite lemon garlic shrimp and fresh crunchy crudites. You can grill everything, place them platters and let everyone dig in.
8. Comfy Seating - I love making my guests feel as comfortable as possible. A lovely outdoor living space is such a great way to enjoy the summer air and engage in great conversation. Pick a quiet corner of your yard and adorn your outdoor furniture and seating with large fluffy pillows and cushions, warm blanket throws, hardy outdoor succulents and fragrant blooms. Mix and match bold patterns with fun expressive throw pillows like these by Tomkat Studio
9. Outdoor Lighting - Cafe lights.....that is all. I mean, they're great, they give off the perfect amount of lighting....and they'll make you think you're in Paris! Also, candles are another great option for lighting, especially those with citronella to keep away pesky bugs. I love these Citronella filled jar candles by Pier One.
10. Sweet Tasties - I just think it is SO WRONG to not have s'mores for a summer bash! Set up a Build-Your- Own S'mores Bar this summer. Long gone are the days of the classic graham cracker, marshmallow and plain chocolate bar. Up the ante and try topping your s'mores with a different variety of toppings!
This summer, have a ball with family and friends! If you're looking to host a summer soiree, send a blast invite to your friends and use Paperless Post to spread the word!