This month we are focusing on all things Father’s Day…it’s only a few weeks away! Get ready for some great ideas, inspiration and how to as you move along through the blog hop.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Cristi Wuenschel at The Keeper of the Memories on our Living with Style Blog Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you make sure to see and learn from all of the articles featured here today.
In our home, dad is king - except sometimes when it comes to keeping his special candy stash all to himself. So, to make sure the kids know that dad's favorite treat (bubblegum) is off limits I created an etched candy jar just for him for Father's Day!
To make this project you will need:
Electronic Cutting Machine
a glass jar
Dad's favorite candy
Using my eClips2 Electronic Cutting Machine, I created an image to make a stencil with adhesive vinyl.
Once the image was cut, I weeded out the positive pieces (the solid letters) - I left the pieces in place for letters that have negative spaces like A's and D's.
Then I placed transfer paper over the vinyl to keep all the pieces in place and placed it over the glass jar.
The etching cream was next. I learned that etching cream is not nice to skin or certain surfaces. So, I was sure to protect my work table....and didn't put gloves on my hands because I like to live dangerously....but you should really wear protective gloves when you work with it.
The application is pretty simple, you just apply it with a Popsicle stick and let it sit for about 5 minutes and then rinse it off. Allow it to dry properly and then remove your adhesive vinyl.
Fill your jar with Dad's favorite candy and set it out for him on Father's Day!
The next stop is Kristy Stewart at Under My Gabled Roof on Living with Style Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you again next month!
Complete Blog Hop List:
- Lory Robinson at The Robin’s Nest Designs
- Abby Winstead at Winstead Wandering
- Laura Gelnett at Making It Happen Together
- Brandy VanDeKop at The Dutchman’s Wife
- Natalie Bradley at Soirée by Natalie Bradley
- Karissa Ancell at A Fresh Start
- Leah M. Briick at Briick by Briick
- Dianne O’Donnell at Scrutinizing Life
- Rhonda at MultiTaskingMaven
- Pam B at Hey, Miss Adventures!
- Cristi Wuenschel at The Keeper of the Memories
- Keisha Sibert at Cupcake Wishes & Birthday Dreams << you are here
- Kristy Stewart at Under My Gabled Roof
- Pam Bennett at The Birch Cottage
- Ann Fontaine at The Clumsy Wife
- Lisa Milligan at Harmony and Happiness
- Kendra Sawyer at Wonderland Kind of Mind
- Ellen Ocampo at Baby Boo Gifts
- Fanny Seto at Living Richly on a Budge