SEARCH THIS BLOG

Monday, July 8, 2013

{Recap} Spectacular July 4th with Oriental Trading

I hope you all had a GREAT 4th of July holiday with your family & friends.  I celebrated this year with a festive backyard bbq that was outfitted with a little modern chevron swag from Oriental Trading.  I am happy to be a part of the Oriental Trading Blogger Community.  I was allowed to select a few products of my choice from one of my favorite party goods suppliers.  Last year I designed this Chevron and Ombre Stars inspired July 4th printable collection.  So, when I saw all the new Chevron products that now are available from Oriental Trading, I jumped right on it.


I set up an outdoor dining area for our small group of guests using the chevron plates and bouquet boxes.  I placed a length of striped fabric that I had on hand as a runner and created a patriotic focal point with my centerpieces.  A menu from my printable collection was placed at each place setting along with two sparklers for evening festivities.  Bottles of root beer were customized with printable bottle labels and I placed paper straws into blue rocks glasses that I found at Dollar Tree.





(btw - I never ordered paper plates from Oriental trading before, but let me say that these were very sturdy and held up well!!!)

I loved the chevron bouquet boxes.  I created height by placing these on the tables and filling them with shredded paper to anchor a small flag and yarn pom poms (you know I can't do a party without them), my Mini Diva made corkscrews out of pipe cleaner to give the effect of fireworks shooting out of the box.  I embellished each box with a strip of washi tape and a rosette finished with a party dot from the printable collection.





I wanted to add a lighting element to the table for later in the evening. So, using pillar vases I created hurricanes for candles that I embellished with patriotic stickers.I also used glass rocks and floral wire to accent these floating orchid flowers (they're fake! tee-hee!)




I have a tree in our yard that is half dead because the tree in our neighbors yard is a monster and sucks up all the sunlight.....so our poor Oak tree only gets half loved by the sun.  To take some attention away from those dead branches, I thought it would look nice to add these hanging globe lanterns from the tree.  I added tissue paper tassels onto them because I felt like there was a LOT of red going on with the barn/shed in the background.  I also added a few patriotic hanging fans to the doors of the barn/shed




I set out popcorn for the evening activities and used these chevron treat bags to serve them in.



Here are some more images from the holiday!







I must say that, I was totally pleased with all the products that I used. I've ordered from Oriental Trading in the past as have always been pleased with my products.  Since these products were fairly new in the catalog, I didn't know what to expect, but I was completely happy with everything and my expectations were exceeded.  Thank you to Oriental Trading for providing the chevron party items and helping to make a fabulous July 4th celebration!


"I was provided with either monetary compensation or free products by Oriental Trading for this post .  The reviews of the products are solely my own honest opinion and may not reflect the views of others."


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing :) Everything turned out so beautiful!!

    *Creativities Galore*

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Blanca Galore - thank you! @Leslie West - thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails