SEARCH THIS BLOG

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

{July 4th Ideas} Patriotic Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes




I'd been really wanting to make ice cream cone cupcakes for a while.  I remember watching a Paula Deen episode once, where she made these for a birthday party and while I don't remember much about the cake recipe she used, I just followed the steps she used to bake them.

Here's my very un-scientific approach on how to make them:

Patriotic Cupcake Cones


Necessities:
24 Flat bottom ice cream cones
Aluminum foil
Your favorite cake recipe
sprinkles & frosting :)


Making them, my way:
1. Wrap 24 flat bottom ice cream cones with foil and place in a cupcake pan.

2. Fill each cone about 2/3 full with your favorite cake batter - I used a white cake recipe by Wilton and added red and blue sprinkles to make confetti cake.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-18 minutes depending on your oven.  Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan.

4. Find some funky red and blue colored frosting (I found mine at Aldi----straight out of the can) and using a star piping tip (I used a 1M size - you can use whatever size makes you happy) pipe frosting onto the cupcake in a swirl. I let my kids add it to their cupcakes because I love them and and they bugged me enough that I gave in.  Oh - add some red, white & blue star shaped sprinkles for fun.

They also remind me of Lady Liberty torches......sorta!


Have a Happy July 4th holiday, stay safe, eat well and enjoy!

(P.S.  I have a nice mention about my July 4th printables which are now on sale in the Etsy shop for $5 - order some now - cause come tomorrow it's margaritas aaaaalll day, baby!)

1 comment:

  1. So cool to have such bold colors for the frosting! Looks really festive with the star sprinkles. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails