SEARCH THIS BLOG

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Max-o-lantern


This is going to be a very quick post.  I've been cranking out all kinds of decorations for the kids' Where the Wild Things Are Halloween Party (Max boats, signage, paper rosettes, banners....).  In the middle of being a wife, mom, real  work (snore), and (ahem) me time, I managed to crank out this little baby. 




It's a Max inspired carved pumpkin!  Over the weekend we got two pumpkins to carve for Halloween.  The Mini Diva (my daughter) wanted Max on one and one of the monters - she calls it the bull, his name is Bernard - on the other pumpkin we bought.  Well, folks, lemme just say, there isn't enough time in the day for me to do another one of these, no matter how much it pains me not to.  The Max-o-lantern took me 5.5 hours to getterdone - and it was my first time.  Miss Thing (again, my daughter) thought we should really make the bull.  I convinced her otherwise by telling her she could help me with roasting the pumpkin seeds - easy & fair trade.  By the way, if you haven't made them before, roasting the seeds is easy and they taste so much better than the ones you get in those packets at the gas station! 

Anyway, I hope to get one more post in before Halloween.  In the meantime, here are some more pictures of our pumpkin carving affair.






4 comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails