SEARCH THIS BLOG

Monday, December 1, 2014

{Holiday How-To} DIY Gold Sequined Wreath


I am in LOVE with all the gold decor with black & white stripes that have been trending lately.   It's kinda everywhere!  It looks stylish and chic and can work on so many levels.  In fact, I incorporated this design style into my Little Miss Spider Party I set up for my kids this past Halloween. 

During a recent holiday shopping spree outing I had a brilliant idea to make a fancy gold sequined wreath for my silver & gold 'holiday home' (I love that phrase)......and guess what?  It's your lucky day cause I am sharing my fancy lil' idea with you!!! 

This is the easiest thing you'll make all year - I PROMISE - and all your gal friends will think you paid top dollar for a fancy and hip wreath but really this baby only cost me roughly $8 to make!



Here's how to make your own!


Supplies:
Styrofoam Wreath Form
Gold Stretch Sequin Trim
White & Black Wide Grosgrain Ribbon
Stick Pins
Scissors



STEP 1.  Start by wrapping your sequin trim around the wreath form and secure the first wrap with a stick pin.



STEP 2.  Continue wrapping trim until edges meet. You can overlap them slightly to hide any white space.





STEP 3.  Secure the end of the trim with more push pins.  


When done, you should have a pretty and shiny sequined wreath (clap! clap! clap!)  You can either hang it up this way with one of those over the door wreath hooks.  I chose to use a striped grosgrain ribbon to hang my wreath.  It takes this wreath up a notch!


STEP 4. To finish the wreath off, loop a length of grosgrain ribbon around the form, then tie a pretty bow and attach to the ribbon with hot glue.



And there you have it.  Simple, easy, affordable and CHIC!  LOVES IT!

I've got quite a few holiday ideas I'll be sharing with you over the next few weeks.  So, be sure to check back for more. In the meantime, why not Pin this image below for later!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails