SEARCH THIS BLOG

Friday, October 31, 2014

{Happy Halloween} Little Miss Spider Halloween Party



Today I am sharing all the little details that went into this adorable Little Miss Spider Halloween party that I setup for my kids. This is a party that I technically couldn't attend because I had to work, so, I set it all up as soon as my kids left for school and it was a surprise for them when they got home.

I can find inspiration from just about anything, and mine came from the movie Beetljuice (of all things) and a cute little Halloween floral vase that I saw at Michael's crafts!  That gave me the inspiration to use a striped pattern pattern and the black and purple color scheme throughout the party.  I don't personally like spiders, but I thought, hey....why not?  It's so easy to find spiders and spiderweb style items during this time of the year....so, I just picked up things that I really liked.....as long as they were on sale, on clearance or I could use a coupon!

The centerpiece for most of my parties is the dessert table.  This time, I kept my desserts simple.  I knew it would just be my little household and maybe a few family members dropping by for the fun, so, nothing too fancy.  I made spiderweb cupcakes using this idea from Tikkido.  Using my Cricut Explore, I made a few spiderweb cupcake wrappers.  Also, I found black fondant in the cake decorating aisle at Michaels and made a few tiny spiders.......not my best work, but I wasn't striving for perfection - just fun! I also used this fun Marshmallow Cobweb Cake idea from The Cake Blog  and made another spider for the cake and stuck him on that baby as best I could. 




For the candy apples, I fell in love with this purple candy apple recipe from the Kitchen Macabe and dressed them up with Sparkle Sticks™ courtesy of my pal, Kylie from Made by a Princess.





I always love to do a decorated cookie and macarons for my parties, but I'm no cookie artist. So, I always order from the best baking gal I know - Fresh Bakes





Ya can't have Halloween without candy right?!!!  Well, since I knew we'd do a little trick or treating at the mall.  I decided to go light with the candy.  I just used white gumballs as 'spider eggs'  The glass jar was embellished with a lace like spider decal (these are by Martha Stewart - but were on clearance at Joanns).  I also used the decals on a white platter for my decorated cookies.  I also added green swizzle sticks to a round glass vase...mainly for color.






Most of my items were purchased at Michaels, from the Target Dollar spot and fished out of my own Halloween stash!   For the striped items, I got a few wood and glass pieces and painted them black and white. Then, I found a bunch of adorable glitter and glass bead spiders at Michaels and used them throughout the tabletops.  I also decided to forgo printables for this party and instead work with some papercrafts.  I created a banner for my backdrop, again using the Cricut Explore.





A cute table was set up just for the little ones with a very fancy but playful tablescape.  Ikea has some awesome fabric in their textiles section.  I found this black and white one and paid less than $12 for 2 yards! The fancy gold chargers were on clearance at Micheals and Each one got a little sparkly spider!  The black and white paper plates were a Target Dollar Spot find and at first I was worried if they would look right with the chargers, but I love how they worked together.  The wooden plaques serve as place cards for the the little guests.  The centerpiece was a simple felt spiderweb runner that I got on clearance at Joann along with a few glass pieces that were also dollar and discount finds at Michaels and Target.  The striped vase is one of the pieces I hand painted and I found a bunch of silk purple flowers in my Halloween stash.  Target also had the cutest little milk jar glasses.  I decorated each one with a spiderweb that I cut with my Cricut Explore and embellished each one with a glitter dot and popped a straw in them.




I also used a smaller table for the party favors, drink straws and a spiderweb bowl that I found for....you guessed it, $1 to put some popcorn in!  The Boo sign and mercury glass hurricane was another Target Dollar Spot find and the glass jars were all from Michaels.  Putting my Cricut to work, again, I made little treat boxes for the guests to go home with.  Inside each one was a pair of super cool spider web glasses, a few pieces of candy, small toys and glitter pencils.



The kids came home to all of this and it just made their day!  When I got home they were so thankful and HIGH off of sugar......made for a very long night of conversation.

I hope you enjoyed this fun and fancy spider themed idea for Halloween.

TRICK OR TREAT!!!!!



Have a safe and Happy Halloween! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails