Hi! My name is Natalie from Katarina's Paperie and I'm so excited to be participating again this year in Thirteen Days of Handmade Halloween. With Halloween just around the corner, we've been all about designing free printables at the studio lately. So, I couldn't wait to create a special one just for Halloween Handmade 2014.
As a busy mom of two, printing photos has been far on the priority list in recent years. I'll be the first to admit that many of our most cherished photos sit on our computer without a destination in site. Although I've been meaning to create baby books and yearly family photo albums since I my daughter was born, but I still haven't gotten around to it. I know, I know... (A quick side note - album making is on my agenda this winter.)
One of the problems is that I never know where to display the photos. I'm either lacking a frame, wall space or both. So using my daughter's first birthday photo bunting as inspiration, I created this free printable Halloween Memory Photo Bunting. A few easy crafting steps and you'll be displaying photos from Halloweens past and present in a jiffy. (Warning: A few tears might also mix in once you see how much your kids have grown!)
You Will Need:
- Free Printable Halloween Photo Backs - Horizontal Photo Backs and Vertical Photo Backs depending on the direction of your photos
- Free Printable Halloween Photo Year Circles - Set 1 and Set 2 Free Printable Halloween through the Years Sign
- Clothespins Black Twine or Ribbon 2 Inch Circle Punch or Scissors Glue Dots
1. Print out the free printable photo backs, photo year clips and sign. Cut out the photo backs and sign.
2. Punch out the Halloween Photo Year Circles using a 2 inch circle punch or scissors. Using Glue Dots or craft glue, attach a photo year circle to a clothespin.
Create one clothespin clip for each year you want to display.
3. To attach the photos to the photo backs, place one glue dot in each corner. Center the photo onto the photo back and press down.
4. Measure out a length of twine or ribbon to hang the photos from. Hang the twine on a fireplace mantel, across a window or even against a wall. Use the clips to attach the sign and photos onto the bunting.
Although most of the Halloween projects that I like to tackle are lots of fun to make, I found this one also quite meaningful. It was so amazing to see how much my kids have grown Halloween to Halloween as well as remember a time when there was only just one.
Here are a few more busy mom tips to keep this project quick and easy:
Create an entire set of clips for the years you plan on displaying AND the years to come. It's a lot easier to find an already crafted clip next year or the year. I also recommend printing extra photo backs so that you are ready for future pictures.
Make next year's photo after THIS year's Halloween. After Halloween, get a photo printed of the kids early and attach it to the backing now. It will save you time next year when you go to display it again and will be a great way to walk down memory lane. You could even make this step a new tradition.
Looking for more free printables? Be sure to visit our shop's blog, Katarina's Paperie, on Fridays to find out the week's new freebie. Or stop by our shop any day to check out our assortment of kids invitations and party designs.
Keep up on all of our new designs, easy kids party ideas and other celebrating fun by following us:
Download your free printable Halloween Photo Bunting here:
Photo Bunting Backs - Horizontal Photo Backs and Vertical Photo Backs
Photo Bunting Year Circles - Set 1 and Set 2 Free Printable Halloween through the Years Sign