In the way things have been going with me lately, I created a fun set of FREE Notebook themed printables.....LAST YEAR! I just didn't get around to sharing them and figured, there's always next year. So, here we are. I was inspired by the whole neon trend last year, and was brainstorming a few ideas for back to school and thought, composition books, highlighters and ruled paper were perfect. In school, I got pretty decent grades, admittedly I was a huge daydreamer and always doodled.....A LOT! So, why not keep with tradition right? I added a couple of little doodles fonts into my overall design!
I think this set is perfect to use anytime during the school year in different ways, for example at, PTA meetings, Back to School Night, to celebrate a special award, a graduation party, or even for teacher appreciation. You can download the FREE printables here.
Included in the printables set are:
Back to School Grade Signs from Pre-K-12th Grade
Welcome Back to School Sign
Welcome Back Banner
Decorative Notebook Pages and Composition Book Banner
Cupcake Toppers/Party Dots
Treat Bag Favors
Water Bottle Wraps
Tented Food Cards
School is Cool Decals/Labels
Here is an inspiration table I styled in the event you'd like to celebrate shipping your lil' ones off to school (FINALLY! Haha!). You can get some tips and ideas for recreating your own back to school celebration at the end of this post.
Here are my little ones getting ready to go back. Since they have to wear uniforms at their school, I thought it would be fun to let them wear some regular clothes to take their first day back photos! These signs come with the arrows pointing in two different directions, the ones show below and one with an arrow pointing upward.
Get this look!
- A chalkboard is a GREAT backdrop and focal point for a Back to School party! Since I was gearing my design towards a more tween/middle school age group, I used a chalkboard with some 'pretty serious equations' written on it.
- Folders, pencils and erasers in fun bright colors really add to the look and theme. Place them in boldly patterned pencil cups for an even more festive look. You can also add composition books, folders and other various school supplies around your table for a little bit of fun and whimsy!
- Incorporate snacks into your them. I filled snack bags with cheese crackers and topped them with a printable treat bag topper. They looked really cute displayed in a desk drawer organizer along with other fun notebook themed cookies by Fresh Bakes and pencil pretzels and cake pops by Autumn Lynn's Chocolate Sins!
- Give your table some height by using boxes and books. Books make great risers and allow for more visual impact. I wrapped (very) old dictionaries in removable adhesive sheets of neon book covers and placed them on opposite ends of my snack table. The books give height to the design of table and create a space to show off whimsical pieces like a mini locker and served as a support for a framed neon chalkboard. The white file boxes act as a base for the cupcakes and also broke up some of the dark color between the chalkboard and table covering.
- Make your party favors serve a dual purpose. Water bottles are a great way to make sure kids get hydrated in between classes and they make great party favors too. You can fill them with candy or pencils, crayons or markers. I tied a printable tag onto the top of the favor so guests know they can take them home!
Vendors & Where to Buy:
Styling & Design - Cupcake Wishes & Birthday Dreams
Printables - Cupcake Wishes & Birthday Dreams
Pencil Pretzels, Notebook Cake Pops - Autumn Lynn's Chocolate Sins
Doodle Art Cookies - Fresh Bakes
Lime Green Mini Locker - Amazon
Kasset White File Boxes - Ikea
Neon Framed Chalkboards - Five and Below