SEARCH THIS BLOG

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

{July 4th Round-Up} Affordable July 4th Crafts and Ideas

You might notice a few cosmetic changes happening on my blog, since I'm a one mama show, that's got me pretty busy right now.   As I continue to rebuild the blog to make it prettier and more fab for ya (like the cute social media buttons over there ---->), I still want to provide you with some easy peezy projects for the upcoming July 4th holiday!  Here are a few ideas I've created from past July 4th celebrations I've hosted.



 Make an easy and affordable decorative centerpiece for your July 4th tablescape.  Decorate white pillar candles from the dollar store with star shaped blingy stickers and place in an inexpensive glass vase. Create an elegant floral piece by adding blue glass vase filler, red floral wire in a vase and submerge and orchid or another bloom to the vase.


Make Red, White and Blue ice cream cone cupcakes!  Bake cupcakes in ice cream cones and top with patriotic frosting!

For a festive place setting, use a paper rosette as a sleeve for sparkler sticks! Simply make a small paper rosette, attach a 2" circle to two sparkler sticks - you can also add a bit of embellishment....I just punched a smaller circle to a washi tape covered thumbtack and stuck it into the center of the circle.  Adhere the circle to the rosette with glue dots. 
July 4th crafts, july 4th ideas, sparklers

Make a patriotic fruit pizza with the kids with sugar cookie dough, vanilla frosting and berries!

fruit pizza, july 4th desserts, summer desserts

Make simple paper lanterns patriotic by attaching a blue fringe tassel to red and white paper globes!


Create a mini bunting using red, white and blue streamers.  I made this by cutting the streamers into 6" cuts and folding accordion style, then pinched and glued one edge together towards the center to create a semi-circle bunting shape and then attached by folding over the top of the bunting to a length of twine.


 End your July 4th celebration with a BANG.....or at least a little sparkle.  Set up a sparkler station on a bar cart and place in decorated pails and baskets.

You can find some of the July 4th printables in this post in my Etsy shop.  

Be sure to keep checking back for more updates to the blog and creative ideas for your parties and celebrations! 

Save this board to Pinterest for later!






20 comments:

  1. I love these ideas! Especially the fruit pizza! I love fruit pizza and REALLY love decorating them to match a theme! I actually think I might try the cupcakes in cones idea too. I've seen that idea before but have never tried it. My daughter would love them. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lori A. - fruit pizzas are AWESOME and they're so easy to make....my kids love them. The cupcake cones are fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these ideas. My daughters birthday is July 6th and we celebrate the her birthday and the July4th weekend with a big family party,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the fruit star.. i cannot get enough fruit lately..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas...I love your table place setting really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great ideas! I want to try that fruit pizza. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving the pictures. Perfect and fabulous. The ideas are great. I am saving this to try them out with my little ones. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All such great ideas! I'm a paper lantern fan and these are so pretty! Love the Red, White and Blue ice cream cone cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Melissa Russo - That's pretty cool - fireworks on your birthday - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Kung Phoo - Thanks --- it's a little bit healthy and a little bit not - but it's certainly tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Bianca F. - thanks! It's always more interesting to add something fun for the guest at their place setting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Cyndi Buchanan - that fruit pizza is VERY yummy - the kids loooove it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Misty Battle - thanks for the lovely comment - I hope your kids enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Glenda Pagan - I love paper lanterns too - there's a lot that you can do with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Anders Ruff Custom Design - thanks so much - means a lot coming from you ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the sparkler package, those are my absolute favorite thing about the 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Mariah - sparklers are definitely the best thing about 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Keisha your pictures and crafts are awesome! I love the sparkler bucket and cupcake cones! Great round up post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Laura Funk -- thanks so much! The Fourth of July is such a fun holiday to celebrate -- I wish I had even more ideas to share!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails