SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, October 17, 2013

{13 Days of Handmade Halloween} Tulle and Lace Halloween Candles

(Today's project is shared by Shannon from Painting Paris Pink! I love how she pulled together an easy to make and affordable candle centerpiece for an elegant Halloween soiree using items she repurposed from her home.)





Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year. This year is no exception. I enjoy the decorations, the mystery of it all, the costumes & watching my kids get excited when they bring home 10 pounds of candy (yes, I actually weighed it last year), which we still have some of in the pantry.


 

This year, I wanted to add to my décor since moving in to a new home but I didn’t want to spend a lot of money. I looked around the house for things that I already had that I could repurpose. I have lots of glassware so I decided to go in that direction and make a decorated candle centerpiece.


Now, most of these items I already had on hand so my out of pocket total for this project came to only $4 for the yard of lace that I bought but all of the glassware & candles can be purchased from the Dollar Tree so even if you are starting from scratch you can make this for probably under $10-$15.




 
For this project I used:


  • a 7” tall cylinder vase
  • 2 votive candleholders
  • random glass jar
  • orange tulle
  • white lace (spray painted black)
  • decorative sheer black ribbon
  • silver rhinestone mesh ribbon
  • 3 tea light candles
  • 1 tall jar candle from the Dollar Tree


I measured, cut, and simply glued (make sure to use a glue that will dry clear) the lace and ribbon around the glassware. For the tulle, I just wrapped it around twice, tied it off in the front and glued a rhinestone button to the front. All items were arranged on a round silver platter also from the Dollar Tree.




For the candles, I used a small tea light in all of the pieces except the tall vase. I purchased the tall jar candle from the Dollar Tree so I wouldn’t end up with melted wax down in my vase from using a pillar candle.




 
It was an easy, inexpensive way to make a beautiful centerpiece for Halloween. Mix up the colors for something a little wacky, use fake spider webbing for a spookier vibe or use a little burlap and take it into Thanksgiving.

The lit pictures do not do this justice. It’s very pretty once it’s all lit and the lights are dim.



Shannon
Painting Paris Pink
 

More from Shannon here:
Blog - www.paintingparispink.com
Shop - www.paintingparispink.etsy.com
Pinterest – www.pinterest.com/paintingparisp
Facebook – www.facebook.com/paintingparispink






2 comments:

  1. Thank you Keisha. This was a lot of fun! I can't wait to see what's to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Mother of Pearl I want all of these and I want them right now!!! Ok,the tantrum is over. I'll just have to march my hiney to the craft and dollar stores and make them myself. Love them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails