SEARCH THIS BLOG

Friday, October 25, 2013

{13 Days of Handmade Halloween} Halloween Bottle Cap Necklaces

Hi, my name is Natalie Stern. I am so excited to join 13 Days of Handmade this year. You can usually find me writing for my blog Confetti Diaries where I share creative ways to make, bake and celebrate. Or maybe I'll be steadily at work in my design studio creating unique invitations and other party goods for my shop, Katarina's Paperie.

 No matter where I am, Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, especially now that I'm a mom. I love sharing the excitement of dressing up and going trick or treating with my kids. I also love making fun Halloween crafts with them and can't wait to share this easy Halloween treat with you today.

Bottle cap necklaces have been trending at parties lately and it's easy to see why. They're pretty neat. I was so excited to discover how easy they are to make too. All you need are some simple jewelry making supplies and you'll be all set. Since I'm always looking for non-candy alternatives for trick or treaters, these adorable little necklace charms are the perfect treat for the little ones. They're also so easy to make and a great craft to get your kids in the spirit of Halloween.

You Will Need:
Bottle caps with necklace attachment
1 inch round Halloween stickers (i found mine at orientaltrading.com)
E6000 glue
1 inch clear epoxy stickers
Narrow ribbon or ball chains
White cardstock
Scissors

  placeepoxysticker

1. Place the Halloween stickers onto scrap pieces of white cardstock. Stick the epoxy circle on top of the sticker.
  cuttingstickercircle

2. Cut around the epoxy sticker circle.

addinggluetonecklace

3. Place a small dot of glue in the center of the bottle cap.

gluingcircleontonecklace

Press the epoxy sticker circle in the center, lining up the top of the sticker with the necklace ring of the bottle cap. Dab away any excess glue. Let dry.

finishednecklaces3


4. Attach a narrow ribbon or ball chain through the necklace ring. These bottle cap necklaces are such a great idea to hand out Halloween night. Or you can also use them as a Halloween party favor or even craft idea. One last packaging thought... place in a cello bag and add a treat bag topper for a cute Halloween gift idea.

If you're looking for more handmade party fun, please be sure to check out our blog, Confetti Diaries. We hope you have a wonderful Halloween.


Bloggers using items from Oriental Trading were provided the products free of charge by the company provided their own honest opinion.  Others may have a different opinion or experience with the product(s) listed above.  No other type of compensation was received.

3 comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails