SEARCH THIS BLOG

Monday, October 15, 2012

{13 Days of Handmade Halloween} Zombie Cupcakes

I was sooo excited when Gretchen from, Three Little Monkeys Studio shared her Zombie Cupcakes with me. I initially saw these posted on a friend's Facebook page and thought they were hilariously GENIUS - and a perfect way to kick off  my 13 Days of Handmade Halloween series!  So, when I found out that Gretchen was the creator of these little monsters, I just got all giggly inside!


Here's what Gretchen has to say about how she came up with this idea:

I LOVE Halloween. And zombies, vampires and everything else that makes Halloween spooky and fun. So when I started planning a Halloween party, zombies were the first thing that came to mind. But, since I still have little ones at home, how to make a zombie treat that was more campy and fun than gory?!? Enter my Zombie Cupcakes …

These guys were incredibly easy to make using a few simple ingredients and supplies.
First, find your zombie arms … which are actually doll arms. I purchased mine from a seller on Etsy who, let’s face it, probably thinks I was crazy for buying a dozen, mismatched doll arms. There were sellers all over Etsy selling them, but you can also find doll arms at your favorite hobby store. Since dragging three kids to a hobby store sounds like visiting the seventh ring of Hell, I order online.

 You can read more about how to recreate these cupcakes over at Jessica's blog, Three Little Monkeys Studio.

Since, My husband and I love a good zombie movie,  I'm thinking I might have to whip some of these babies up for us on Halloween!


Feel free to add this button to your sites to keep up with all of our 13 Days of Handmade Halloween tutorials and posts!






3 comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails