SEARCH THIS BLOG

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

{13 Days of Handmade Halloween} Happy Halloween!!!!

Happy Halloween everyone!  I am sharing these lovely handmade creations by my dear friend and sometimes party assistant, Donna!

Donna has an amazing talent for taking empty packaging items like soap & cereal boxes, scraps of fabric & ribbon, buttons and magazines and re-purposing them into beautiful handmade gifts, gift boxes/bags and wall hangings.  I love this BOO sign she created for a door knob hanger.


When I asked Donna to tell me a bit about how she created this piece, here is what she wrote:

Hey K! Here's my "Boo" sign - - made from stuff with a story! :) 1) Upcycled "clean" card board from nice boxes a friend gave me for my recent move. 2) Wire (used for hanging sign) is a recent find of my school-age daughter - - who's been an avid "finder" since she was wee high to my knee. 3) Buttons from a super stash my sister offered (via email) to whomever replied first (me or my sister who sews like she invented it). I won!!! Oh, that still cracks me up after many months now. 4) Shimmery orange cardstock from a recent gig. 5) Black cardstock from fine paper wholesaler's generous sample package. And 6) my metallic threads and embroidery floss from my cross-stitching days of yore. The End. 



Donna created this party banner with salvaged scraps of card stock, stamps and ribbon.  Each different banner flag is torn by hand!  



These gift boxes are some of my favorite things that Donna makes!  Everything is re-purposed from items she's reclaimed. I'm always amazed at how she pulls everything together to make these one of a kind unique pieces.  These small boxes would make a lovely gift or great to hold a few sweet treats to give to a friend for Halloween or  for another occasion.


Don't you just love those cute Pumpkin and witch bracelets?????



Thank you, Donna for sharing your lovely creations with us.  You can find more of Donna's handmade items  in her Etsy shop!

Thanks again to everyone who participated in the 13 Days of Handmade Halloween!!!!


SHARE THE 13 DAYS OF HANDMADE HALLOWEEN
GRAB A BUTTON

http://cupcakewishesandbirthdaydreams.blogspot.com/p/13-days-of-handmade-halloween.html




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails