SEARCH THIS BLOG

Friday, May 11, 2012

{Fantastic Friday} Teacher Appreciation Gift

I just wanted to share this adorable gift, card and bag my daughter and I put together for her teacher. We love doing crafts together and we found some ideas online that we liked and after narrowing it down we decided to make a Post-It Notes holder using an Ikea Tolsby frame.


To create this project, I pulled out my trusty Cricut and got to cuttin' to make the shaped images for the card and letters for the frame.  I cut out two different 4"x6"sheets of patterned paper to put into the frame and attached the letters spelling out 'notes' on one of the sheets.  The other sheet was that double ruled notebook paper that we used to practice handwriting in grade school. This side can be used as a  mini dry erase board (sorry - I forgot to get a picture of the other side :\ ) We used a pad of sticky notes that we found in a box of party favors from a Valentine's Day Party and stuck the pad to the frame with double-sided tape.



Altered gift bags are one of my most favorite crafts to make. This is a simple one I created with scrapbook paper, paper rosettes, ribbon and a tag! 



I love the cute worm and apple shaped images we used for the card.  The card was made using kraft paper as the base, a square of graph paper and a patterned strip of coordinating of scrapbook paper.  The stamp sentiment and tag is from Close to My Heart and I added a little fringed crepe paper for fun & dimension.



We gave her teacher the gift and card today and she was so grateful and said the card was going onto her magnet board!

To all the teacher's out there, thank you so much for what you do! Happy Teacher Appreciation!!!!!



 

2 comments:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails