This recipe is not anything fancy and very easy to make....and I didn't measure my ingredients when I made the cream filling - but the measurements shown are a guesstimate. You can always add more or less depending on your taste and amount of cupcakes you're making. You can also flavor the marshmallow cream with other purees, like blueberry, apricot or raspberry!
Heart Shaped Strawberry Marshmallow Cream Filled Cupcakes
Favorite chocolate cupcakes
1/2 (8-10 oz) bag mini marshmallows
1 tbsp water
1/4 cup pureed strawberries (you can also use preserves)
1. In a microwave safe bowl combine marshmallows and water. Melt in the microwave for 30 seconds.
2. Allow to cool for 5-8 minutes.
3. Stir in strawberries until combined, set aside.
4. Using a small paring knife cut heart shapes into cupcakes or use this technique
5. Fill cupcakes with cream filling using a pastry or Zip-Loc bag.