SEARCH THIS BLOG

Friday, September 30, 2011

{Party Recap} Diamonds & Denim

 
All Photos above - courtesy of Greg Jones

What a fabulous time Diamonds & Denim turned out to be! I'm exhausted and pooped, but it was a good time to be had by all!

The event took place at Lost Society in DC - a really hip bar & lounge in the U Street corridor. Naleli Askew of Quintessential Consulting and Blueprint for Style's, Monica Barnett truly put together a great event.  The Blue Jeans Bar was on hand to do custom fitting for jeans.  A local jeweler located in Old Town Alexandria, VA - Mystique Jewelers, was there as well, with the most beautiful & unique and pieces of jewelry I've seen in a while.  Another great bonus of the event were the gorgeous Stephanie Johnson swag bags that guests walked out the door with!  I'm bummed I didn't get a picture of them - but trust, they were lovely.  Then, I was there to give everyone a sugar rush with a candy buffet and dessert table!  Ha ha!

For the set up, I created the desserts table with decadent Chocolate Cake Pops and Vanilla Cupcakes topped with a dollup of White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting - HEAVEN!

 The candy buffet was set up with Rock Candy Martinis, jelly beans, candy coated chocolate dots, salt water taffy, chocolate bars and old fashioned candy striped bags (an import graciously sent to me from a good friend in the UK).

I created and styled everything in deep blues, silver and anything that would sparkle and shine! For the candy buffet table, I attached a swag that I made out of stripes of denim & jute twine (loves me some jute twine). We sprinkled 'diamond' accents over the blue satin table overlay, and I decorated the glass candy dishes and candle holders with decorated paper that I used from My Grafico designer Shery K.



Another great feature (in my head) were these beautiful silver chargers that I made.

I created them using silver trays, blue glass beads that I had sitting in a zip loc bag for years and my trusty glue gun. I came up with the idea at 2:00 in the morning and I went crazy! I made about nine of them and only used 3!!!  That's the way it goes!  LOL

Hey - I also met some fantastic women at the event and did this online radio interview with Kamaria Richmond on Cinch Chat!



To read more about my styling design for this event, please check out my post today over at MG Party Impressions



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh Congrats. I really wanted to come and almost did....then remembered that my son will attempt to stay up until I get home during the week. So sorry I missed it. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails