SEARCH THIS BLOG

Friday, April 22, 2011

{Party Inspiration} Fun Kid's Easter Table

This year we are having all the kids in the family (about 6 total) come over for an Egg Hunt!  I thought it would be really fun to set up a table where they can snack on sweets and also color and decorate some of their own eggs.  I figured I would save time and money and create a mock up of the table to share with you and hopefully pass along some budget friendly ideas and inspiration for you to create a festive space for your own little cottontails!

I loved the colors of the plastic eggs that I found at Target and Dollar Tree so I wanted to use a lot of color for the table.  I started with a simple tablescape with a springtime vinyl table cloth that I already had on hand.  Vinyl is perfect for wiping up spills and messes especially when egg decorating. Mixing and matching different plates and napkins, I created colorul place settings for the kids to eat their snacks on.  I used purple plastic plates for chargers and our own spring green ceramic plates, then folded colorful napkins diagonally and placed a plastic fork on top.  The napkins were a steal at Ikea for .88 cents a pack.  I sprinkled the table with some of the party tags I designed for Easter, as well.



For the centerpiece, I crafted an Easter egg tree out of foam moss and styrofoam Easter Eggs.  The trunk of the tree is a paper straw and the base is a bucket I already had in my party inventory and used a styrfoam form to anchor it.  This was a simple project and cost less than $7 to make!


Ever since I saw these Cupcake Poppers here - I've been dying to make them.  Keep in mind, all of this work was done in the wee hours of the morning, so it's not my best, but WHO CARES - the kids are gonna eat 'em up regardless!


The kids will hunt for plastic eggs outside, but indoors, they will have fun decorating edible eggs.  For this table, I filled small bowl with grass filler and hard boiled eggs, then set out dye and crayons and markers. 


I love popcorn baskets for parties - they're my new thing.  I made these with the pattern paper I designed for my Easter Egg Hunt collection and added a paper medallion to the side - it reminded me of a daisy!  To make the box into a basket I added the handle and filled it with grass and chocolate eggs.





Here is a few view of the table.  I hope you were inspired to create something fun & festive for your Easter table!



Oh and if you want to have your own Easter Egg Hunt - here are some free printables for you - HAPPY EASTER!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails