SEARCH THIS BLOG

Monday, December 6, 2010

{Day One} 12 Days of Cupcakes - Gingerbread Cupcakes

I am excited to kick off  my 12 Days of Cupcakes!  I've been elbow deep in batter and frosting all weekend just to get this whole thing together and share with you!  Go me!

A few weeks ago, I was perusing through The fabulous Miss M's Cupcakes book and saw that it has a kick ass recipe for Gingerbread Cupcakes.  This recipe is so delicious - and cute to boot - cause it's got little gingerbread men as toppers....




Some of those little gingerbread fellas don't look so happy, I wonder why??? (mwahahaahaaahaaaa...)

Martha's recipe comes with a how to on making your own teeny gingerbread fellas, but I was too pressed for time, and I've said it once before, and I'll say it again, I don't do cookies.  So, to cut on time I bought little gingerbread men from the grocery store and called it a day.  You could do the same too if you'd like.  I also slightly adapted her recipe to save time on some ingredients and added a few of my own.

Gingerbread Cupcakes
adapted from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes

1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
2 Tbsp. Ground Ginger
2 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp. Ground Nutmeg
1/4 Tsp. Ground Cloves
1 1/2 Cups (3 Sticks) Unsalted Butter
1 1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/2 Cup packed Light Brown Sugar
2 1/2 Tbsp Molasses
4 Large Eggs
1 Tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
___________________________________________________

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.

2. Sift together, flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.

3. Combine Sugars, add butter to bowl and mix on medium-high speed; cream until light and fluffy in texture.  Add molasses until well combined.

4. Add eggs one at a time until combined,  scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed; mix in vanilla.

5. Reduce mixer to low and add flour mixture gradually in three additions until combined.

6.  Fill cupcake pan evenly with batter about 2/3 of the way.  Bake for 10-12 minutes and rotate pan, bake for another 10-12 minutes, or until a tootpick comes out clean from the cake centers.

7.  Allow to cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes before removing from pans and then cooling completely on the rack.

8. Frost cupcakes with (my favorite) Vanilla Buttercream and lightly sprinkle with ground nutmeg.  Top with a teeny gingerbread cookie fella!

This is a GREAT recipe - I sure do hope you try it....and hey, if you do, send a picture and let me know how it works out for ya!


1 comment:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails