SEARCH THIS BLOG

Friday, December 10, 2010

{Day Five} 12 Days of Cupcakes - Oreo Lover's Cupcakes

This is a cupcake after my own heart!  Oreo cookies are my 'go to in time of need cookie' - if you get my drift.  I love them, they are chocolately and crunchy and the cream inside in the cookie is the bestest.  I likes to eat my Oreos in two bites - with a nice cool glass of Moscato (don't judge me).

I think this recipe is perfect for the person who loves to bake out of the box.  I'm a self-proclaimed cake box snob, however, I wanted to feature at least one a recipe for those who prefer to have their dessert a la Duncan Hines (btw - when/if I do use cake box mixes I prefer Duncan Hines - just a preference  - Betty C. is just as good).

This recipe came to mind when I saw the Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes book.  I always wanted to make an Oreo Cookie Cupcake and this gave me the perfect inspiration to do so.  So, I made them and dear God in Heaven - they are BANGING!





Oreo Lover's Cupcakes

24 Double Stuff Oreo Cookies
2 Cups Double Stuff or Regular Oreo Cookies, Chopped into bits
1 Package White Cake Mix
1 1/4 Cup of Buttermilk
4 Eggs
24 Bite size Oreo Cookies (optional)
Whipped Fluffy White Frosting

 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Fill muffin pan with paper liner.  Place an Oreo cookie in each liner.

2.  Prepare Cake Mix as directed on the box substituting the water for the buttermilk and adding the extra egg.

3. Stir in 1 Cup of the Oreo bits until well blended.

4. Fill each liner with batter about 2/3 full.  Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes come out clean.  Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely - about 15 minutes.

5.  Stir remaining cup of chopped Oreo bits into the frosting until well combined.  Frost cupcakes as desired and top with a Bite Size Oreo cookie.



The cookie holds its crunchiness and the filling remains creamy; I'm going to grab one right now - enjoy!

































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails