SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday Inspiration: Midsummer Night's Dream Party

I love the tale of a Midsummer Night's Dream.....love, confusion, magic, lust (giggle), fairies, 'magic potions', donkeys, kings, queens, woodlands, waking up and thinking it was all a dream.....it definitely has the elements of a wild and crazy party!

My birthday is right around the corner and I just thought it would be absolutely sinful - oooh - I mean delightful to invite a handful of gals over to sit on the deck, drink some magic potion and have a Midsummer Night's Dream Party!!! 

Here are some ideas I've pulled for inspiration:



I'm so excited to start working on this party - I will keep you posted on how everything is coming along.

Speaking of fairies and enchantment, I wanted  to share this party with you by Amanda Paker.  Amanda is a party gal after my own heart. She put so much time and creativity - and I know lotsa love - into this party for a special little girl and it absolutely shows. She handmade just about every decorative item...



Check out this fairy house centerpiece - she made this using driftwood and a turtle sandbox top - hello!


I must say I am absolutely in love with the mushroom grotto - which she fashioned out of  various items like tomato cages, megaphones, cocoa planter liners and cups!



....and the cupcakes (of course).

You can find out more about how she pulled everything together on her blog.



Photo Credits:
Fairy Tutu, Statue, Fairy Bride, Rose Crown, Potion Bottle, Gold Crown, Toadstool Cake, FairyHouse,Canopy, Tented Room, Twinkle Lights, Fairy House, Floral tablescape, Pearl Pendant, Necklace, Louboutins, Poolside Table, Floral Centerpiece, pink slip dress

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Keisha, for the feature on my fairy party. Starting a new business is a bit overwhelming, so the sweet words mean a lot!
    Amanda Parker
    Shindig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love LOVE the fairy party! over the top fantastic!

    hugs! Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I have to say, YOU are my new favorite blogger. I cannot get enough! Loving the cupcakes, party ideas, everything! Hope you can visit sunny bug soon :) ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Amanda - You're welcome! @Kim - love the fairy party, right? Too cute. @Elizabeth - thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting my fairy wings ready for the fly to your enchanted party... when? Please come and tell! ;)

    Fairy Cielo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails