SEARCH THIS BLOG

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Beat the Heat Desserts

It's summertime and it's HOT!  I was thinking of all the summer parties and gatherings people are having.  I always like to bring something when I am invited to a barbecue or pool party.  You know this girl loves her sweets and I have come across some tried and true summertime desserts that don't require the use of a hot oven or stove.

Banana Pudding is an all time favorite in our house during the summer.  My grandmother made hers with Nilla Wafers, Vanilla Pudding, sliced bananas and a dollop of whipped cream.  I like to make mine using Pepperidge Farm Chessman cookies instead of the wafers and I put toffee bits on the top layer!  If you want to dress it up for a party - layer the pudding in a trifle bowl or serve in individual dessert glasses for a delicious presentation.



Easy Chocolate Mousse can be made with five simple ingredients.  Try placing the mousse in tall shot glasses with a demi spoon for a quaint Mousse shooter!



This is another summertime favorite of mine and I think I've made it for just about every party I have had - Raspberry Fruit Dip!  It's such an easy dish to make and you will NOT get enough of it!

My Recipe
8 oz. Softened Cream Cheese
7.5 oz jar Marshmallow Fluff
1 tsp. Raspberry Extract
3 drops red food coloring (optional)


You can also mix in raspberry yogurt or pureed raspberries in place of of the extract and food coloring.  Serve it with chilled in season fruit - you will not be disappointed!



Photo Credits:
Banana Pudding - Bakerella
Raspberry Fruit Dip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails