SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Things That Dangle 'n Hang & My Oscar Night Bash

paper streamers

I have an area of my house that I tend to throw parties in and I call it – the din-a-living room (ha-ha).  The floor plan in my house is open and I have wall space issues.  There is always this dilemma of where things should hang, like a backdrop or an interesting focal point in that space to break it up. I decided to look for some inspiration online, btw this leads me to note my new weekly featured post….Thursday Inspirations!

Every Thursday (God willing & pending, no sick babies & barring sleepless nights that won’t allow my brain to function well enough to write blogsterpieces), I will post about ideas that inspire my party space design or anything I’m working on for an upcoming party.   Hopefully some of these ideas will inspire you to fancy up your bash in an unique and creative way too!

I found this cute sweets table at – da-da-da-daaaaaahhhhh….Amy Atlas’ blog.  I am very fond of paper rosettes – I make my own and think they’re just whimsical and can be just as elegant as well……. amyatlas_halloweentable

…like the use of rosettes here.  The green, black and white color scheme is so different for a shower – but it really works for this vintage circus themed baby shower.
vintagecircusbabyshower_5

Clearly this backdrop might be set at a wedding or sweet sixteen in a banquet hall.  However, I do like how the little pink daisies dangle against a sheer curtain and are accented with twinkly lights….very pretty. 
Fairytale-Backdrop

Using long strands of feathers or boas would work great for a baby or bridal shower or even a bird themed celebration.
 feather curtain

I just adore how these paper flowers float in the air underneath a gazebo for this garden party.
 paper_flowers

Lengths of sheer organza ribbon make a great divider for an entry way or to section off a space in a large room.
sheer organza ribbon 
This hanging capiz shell curtain fades the ocean view for this tropical setting.  This would be a lovely accent to make for  any under the sea themed party.
shellcurtain
Dangle strands of  circle cutouts in various sizes as a backdrop to filter the light coming in from a nearby window behind your table display.
shimmering_streamers

Here, vinyl records were spray painted white and connected together and hung up to create a modern room divider.  This look can work for any style of party – just use different colors to match your theme.
vinyl records

Try your own twist using some of these ideas for your next  big bash & don’t forget to send pictures!

As you may (or may not) know The Oscars will be on this Sunday.  I’ve mentioned before that I am an awards show junkie.  Normally, I plop in front of the couch with my predictions some Twizzlers, a bowl of popcorn and a glass of wine (or other libation).  This time,   I decided to gather some of my gals together for a red carpet good time filled with  food, fun & cocktails and watch to see who the best winners are this year. 

I think it will be a fun time to be had by all.  I’ll post pictures up next week, but here is a look at the invitation that I created and emailed to my guests:

Oscar Party Invite_blocked_info

**** Dont't forget you have until 11:59 PM tonight to enter to win a 'Hello Cupcake' book and Cupcake Printed Apron ****

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inspiration! I love creative ways to hang... anything related to "party"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute invite. I can't wait to see the pictures. By the way I gave you a blog award. Come to my site & check it out

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails