SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday Inspirations: Princess and the Frog Inspiration Board

I'm working on my daughter's 5th birthday party.  I think 5 is a milestone birthday....it's like half a century, the year most kids start kindergarten and I think the point where we realize they're not babies anymore - but we dont' ever really want to admit that, do we?  Now, if you've been reading for some time, you know The Mini Diva is all about the parties and has been planning this 'Princess Party' since April 5th, 2009 - her birthday is April 4th.....mmm-hmmm.  So, after Disney came out with Princess and the Frog she immediately wanted to have a 'Tianna' princess party. 

For today's inspiration I thought I'd share the inspiration board I created for the party:


I've decided the color scheme will be PURPLEAQUA & CITRUS GREEN.  I'll incorporate decorative elements into the space such as frogs, crowns, tiaras, gems, glitter, lots of tulle & some satin.  The food will be made from recipes in the Princess and the Frog cookbook we have.  We'll play music from the movie soundtrack, as well as, some jazz music to infuse the sound of the Big Easy into the party.  As a fun way to include guests into the mix, we're going to have dress up costumes for all the kids.  Activities will range from a 'froggy' version of musical chairs to face painting.  Finally, we'll wrap the party with a special surprise for the birthday girl.

I'll be sure to post pictures after the party.  In the meantime, check back tomorrow to find out who our Friday Freebie winner is from last week and to enter to win another weekly prize!


1 comment:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails