SEARCH THIS BLOG

Monday, March 22, 2010

Cupcake Monday: Cupcakes for a Cause

This weekend I made a batch of cupcakes for a great cause.  Last week my friend, Kayte, who is participating in the March of Dimes March for Babies Walk, asked if a group of her girlfriends at work would rally 'round and bake some treats for a fundraising bake sale. Kayte lost her daughter Annabelle a few days after she was born prematurely and wants to raise $1500 for her team

I am always wanting and needing a reason to bake something so, it was not even an option for me to NOT do this.  I decided to make Chocolate Coffee Cupcakes and I made cupcake toppers with the March of Dimes Logo on it and another topper to Walk for Babies.  I piped on some tinted vanilla frosting an voila!




I even made a quickie bake sale banner fashioned with a March of Dimes Cupcake that I designed.  If I had time (and this wan't my day job) - there would have been a dessert buffet with all the fixins'!




I also made Vanilla Toffee Crunch Cupcake Pops, but I was only able to snap a picture on my cell phone and the picture didn't come out so great....but word is they taste delicious!

Please, if you would like to make a donation to Kayte's team, please go to her team site for more details.

Also don't forget to enter for a chance to win an awesome custom Princess and The Frog themed party set courtesy of Cupcake Wishes & Birthday Dreams!




Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails