SEARCH THIS BLOG

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

No Boys Allowed! Sweets & Treats Sneak Peek

Here’s a little sneak peek at some things I making for The Mini Diva’s Valentine’s Day Party. Now, she really doesn’t know about it at this point….she’s actually in the process of making requests for her Princess turned Princess & The Frog B-day party in April – but she did mention she didn’t want boys at her party (except her baby brother who she loves very much). So, no boys this time….In any case, I’ve learned that the best way to handle all the constant inquiries about any celebration is to not tell her about it until the morning of. If I tell her about this party, I will not stop answering questions about it. I’ll have a list of endless requests for the decorations and food she will want to have. I just can’t take it. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to tell her because I get excited too, but seriously, I just can’t deal with it - she’s relentless – it’s too much.

I decided to throw her a Sweets & Treats themed Valentine’s Day Party. Invitations are out, we’ll have a Sweet Shoppe set up with a variety of candies and baked sweets. I thought it would be fun to have the girls make this adorable bag as an activity. We’ll have some fun games and prizes and a card exchange too.

Here’s your sneak peek:
These are the invitations I created. I use Power Point and Word. I’ve said before that my mom is a graphic designer and she really hates that I use these programs. She’s always pushing me to use Photoshop and Illustrator, which she so kindly installed on my computer, but I have not the patience for it. I do well with what I know and when I decide to give in to the Adobe Gods I will. Until now, MS Office is my bestest friend:




I have two options for cupcakes; either a rose cupcake or piped on swirly frosting with a cupcake pick…..or I can do both, I haven’t decided yet.





I can’t wait to show you the rest of the details of the party and the ideas I have for another V-Day party & a romantic dinner for two!

All Photos in this post are Property of Cupcake Wishes & Birthday Dreams

4 comments:

  1. i love the invite! hope to see the party details soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Invite is too cute. I'm a ms word girl myself. I tried those expensive programs like indesign and had no clue. Can't wait to see the rest of the party

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG the rose cupcakes are amazing.. they look real!

    Now I need a cupcake. Dammit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails