SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year!:Old to the New

HAPPY 2010 EVERYONE!  I hope everyone had a fantastic CHRISTMAS and is starting out with a FABULOUS new year.  Last year I posted about my Diva's advent calendar and then fell off the blogosphere!  Well, not actually, I just had so much going on that between baking, gift wrapping and decorating, etc. that I just didn't get a chance to sit down and blog about it all.  In any case, I'm here now and I'm back to share my creative genius (aka instanity, wink-wink) with you.

In a previous post I mentioned that I would be doing a cake for a baptism celebration.  Normally, I like to stick solely to making cupcakes, but when asked, I will do cakes and other confections.  This time I made a delicious Triple Vanilla Flavored sheet cake with a vanilla mousse filling (soooo good).  It was actually the first time I did a whole sheet cake and I don't think it came out half bad:




In addition to the cake I made a cupcake cake for a friend's Christmas Eve Party.  I made a red velvet cupcake cakes topped with my Coconut-Marshmallow Cream Cheese Frosting and some fun holiday sprinkles. 

 

Back in October I attended a Stampin Up class given by a crafting friend of mine who is a SU Demonstrator and made a few Christmas cards.  I loved the ones I made in the class so much, that I had a brilliant (aka insane) idea to order another card kit and hand-make all my Christmas cards.  Well, that was in October and between the Halloween party and whatever other madness I had going on in my life, that project got put on hold.  So, as Xmas grew nearer, I managed to make some 45 holiday cards.  Unfortunately the weekend they were supposed to go out in the mail, we got a snowed in so, they got out a lil' late, but hey....they were cute and I think most people got them before Christmas:

                                       
 
                                   
                                    

With all of that I still managed to decorate the Xmas tree and the fireplace mantel!



Glad I could share my holiday with you.  I hope everyone is having a fantastic start to the new year!  Valentine's Day is coming up and I am chock full of ideas that I'll be posting about very soon!

1 comment:

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails