SEARCH THIS BLOG

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Next Great Party Idea: Shhh, It's a Surprise...


While I was brainstorming on the theme for the next party collection I wanted to create, I was thinking that it had to be something that I haven't seen much of. Personally, I like to stand out with my work and take what is in at the moment to the next level. In any case, I knew that the next theme had to be easily duplicated, non-gender specific, provide me with lots of fun ideas for games, activities and decorations. I finally had a 'DUH' moment and when it finally came to me. I would create a party collection based on my absolute favorite book ever!!! Ironically, I recently remembered seeing a trailer for the soon-to-be release of its motion picture. What perfect timing!

I remember the story well, but admit that I'd only read the book in recent years to my daughter, and her enthusiasm for it didn't quite match mine. So, it's consequentially been shelved. Maybe it was a bit too much for her; but for me, I know it's a beloved classic.

Just to get my creative juices flowing, I started surfing the internet and looking for all the images from the book, and I immediately came up with ideas for decorations, invitations, games & activities and food! I must say that, in my search I didn't find a lot of party ideas or partyware and it could be the lack of popularity. However, I believe once the movie is released, there will be lots of product on the market and a new found love for this tale.

I know you all are curious as to what the theme is and what I have up my sleeve; for now, my lips are sealed (even though I'm bursting at the seams to spill it). Being a wife and mom lends me only so many hours in the day. So, you'll have to give me a few days to knock out my first project for the party, but to give you a hint, it involves a wild imagination, a magical forest with loving creatures and a lesson in what happens when you back talk your mother! If you know the story you can pretty much figure it out!!!

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails