SEARCH THIS BLOG

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Silly Monster Trunk or Treat





Who's going Trunk or Treating this year??!!!  Well, I'm happy to participate in another Trunk or Treat Blog Hop hosted by Tikkido!  Today I'm sharing my fun and SILLY Monster Trunk or Treat ideas with you.  Last year my trunk or treat theme was a bit morbidly cute....I mean, gravestones, black cats...it's all fab Halloween goodness.  This year, I'm all in for laughs and giggles.  I found the most adorable Silly Monsters party goods at Oriental Trading this year and can't wait to share all my fun tips and ideas for setting up your very own fun and silly Monster themed trunk or treat!



If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know I'm super crazy about Halloween.  It's my absolute favorite holiday!  So, when decided to focus on a fun monster theme this year I wanted to get really fun costumes, weird treats and have some activities and not just focus on the candy.

All the decorations for my trunk setup are from Oriental Trading company.  They have the most adorable monster themed decor.  I found a huge monster mouth photo prop that I thought would be great for photos. When I took it out of the box, I instantly knew I could do more with it.  So, I made it the focal piece for our trunk.  I had my husband add some support and a stand to the back of the prop and then placed bowls of sweets in behind the mouth.  Using a few glasses and two sided tape, I propped up monster cut outs from the Monster Decorating Kit and hung hanging decor from the ceiling using T-pins and push pins.  The Monster Treat Stand with Cones were also another great decorative piece.










My 'MOM-ster' costume was an easy DIY.  I used a Blue Beehive Wig and enormous Glow in the dark googly eye and dressed up in khaki's, a polo top, pearls and an apron!  My kids followed along the monster fun.  My daughter loves this Polka Dot Monster Girls Halloween Costume and my son had a blast dressed up as a Purple eyeball - it really is a costume made for adults, but I think he did it justice in his own little way.







I set up fun activities like Pin the Eye on the Monster, make your own monster with a Monster Magnet Craft Kit, a Monster Bean Bag Toss Game and downloaded Mini Monster Free Printable Coloring Page directly from the Oriental Trading site.  Then, for each activity that was completed, I handed the kids a  Monster Face Sticker for a 'prize'. You can do the same and make sure that once all the activities are complete the trunk or treaters get a bag of sweets!












I love that I also found fun candy from Oriental Trading.  As soon as I saw these Snotten Candy Cotton Candy Fun Pak bags, I knew I had to get them for my kids.  They LOVE cotton candy!  They also love marshmallows and these Oozing Eyeballs are right up their lane.  They also have the most adorable Goofy Monster Head Suckers.  I used these along with Laffy Taffy candy in our treat cones.  To mix things up a bit, I added a few frosted sugar cookies to our sweets spread because......cookies.

















If you're trunk or treating this year, be sure to share your fun party set ups with me on Instagram and use the hashtag #cwbdpartieshalloween....and hey, even if you're not, be sure to share your Halloween fun and celebrations!

I received product to review from Oriental Trading.  No other compensation was received.  The opinions expressed in this post are my own.







Want even more fabulous Trunk or Treat ideas for Halloween?
Check out the amazing Trunk or Treats created by my blogging friends:


Minecraft

Minecraft Trunk or Treat from Frog Prince Paperie


City Morgue

City Morgue Trunk or Treat from Everyday Party Magazine


Egypt

Ancient Egyptian Mummy Trunk or Treat from Fern and Maple Events



Momster

Silly MonsterTrunk or Treat from Cupcake Wishes and Birthday Dreams


Big Top Terror

Big Top Terror Trunk or Treat from Michelle's Party Plan-It


Day of the Dead

Day of the Dead Trunk or Treat from Hey Girl Events


Garden

Halloween in the Garden by Garden Chick,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails