SEARCH THIS BLOG

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Halloween Cupcake Cauldron


Everyday Party Magazine 13 Days Of Handmade Halloween 2015


Hi, it's Jessica from Everyday Party Magazine, and I am so thrilled to be joining Cupcake Wishes and Birthday Dreams again this year for her Handmade Halloween series! I made this cupcake cauldron for my sweet friend's birthday recently and I just loved the way it turned out! 



Supplies:


Plastic Cauldron (I ordered a bunch from Oriental Trading Co.) 

Red, Orange, and Yellow Tissue Paper

Twigs

Hot Glue

2 Bite Cupcakes (I buy them at Target, and they are pretty good) 

Optional; lollipop, paper bag, and baker's twine, double sided tape

Everyday Party Magazine 13 Days Of Handmade Halloween 2015


Everyday Party Magazine 13 Days Of Handmade Halloween 2015


Begin but cutting your tissue paper into random flame shapes.  Carefully hot glue the flames on the bottom of the plastic cauldron.  Once you are happy with the flames, hot glue twigs around the edge of the cauldron.  Don't glue them under the cauldron or it won't be stable.  I added hot glue and a small round piece of chipboard to the bottom to help keep it more stable too.  At this point, you can pop a cupcake in it and call it done.  Or, you can turn your lollipop into a broom and stick it in the cupcake like I did.

There are tons and tons of step by step tutorials to make witch brooms, but essentially, you will need to wrap a lollipop in a small paper bag.  I had to cut mine down.  Then cut a strip to cover the candy.  Cut slices into that strip, and wrap it around the lollipop.  I used double sided tape to hold it in place while I wrapped it, and then tied it with baker's twine.  


Everyday Party Magazine 13 Days Of Handmade Halloween 2015



 My friend was so excited by her birthday cupcake, I decided I would have to make some for my sister's upcoming birthday too!



What a fun way to treat! Thanks, Jessica for sharing. 
Looking for more Handmade Halloween treats, view our archives here!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails