Happy Fall everyone! I am so excited to be a part of Cupcake Wishes & Birthday Dreams 13 Days of Handmade Halloween. I am Toni from Creative Designs by Toni, and I love crafting, Halloween, and of course fall! I am so excited to share these Easy DIY Wood Post Porch Pumpkins with you. They are so simple and easy to make, you'll have a whole pumpkin patch before you know it.
- One 8 foot 4x4 wood post
- Miter Saw
- Tape Measure
- White Craft Paint
- Orange Spray Paint
- Tree Branches
- Painters Tape
How to Make:
1. Cut your posts into three sizes. 17in, 22in, 27in. (You can make them any size you want.)
2. Spray paint your pumpkins orange for a base coat. Let dry.
3. Using painters tape, mark off stripes, horizontal or diagonal. Any designs you want.
4. Use white craft paint to decorate your stripes, circles, edges, any thing on your pumpkins.
5. Drill a hole in the top of your posts and cut wood branches to fit. Use as the stems for your pumpkins.
6. Add bows, ribbons, wires, anything to embellish your pumpkins. I kept mine simple since they will be outside.
7. Place outside on your porch!
See how simple and easy that was? The posts were less then $10.00 and I had all the materials on had. Simple and easy craft that is perfect for Halloween!
These don't have to be used just for Halloween. Using the same steps, just a few adjustments, these make the most cutest fireworks for the Fourth of July!!!
Follow along with more our crazy adventures on facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Check out our homemade products in our ETSY shop.
Thank you so much!!!
Wow, Toni - this is such a unique idea and I love that it can also be used for other holidays! Thank so much for sharing it with us! Looking for more Handmade Halloween treats, view our archives here!