SEARCH THIS BLOG

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

{On a Personal Note} Why I Know Going to BASH Will Change My Life

Let’s Get Personal (don't worry - no sad tales or post on why I'm quitting my blog)....in a little over a month, I’m headed to BASH! Not sure what BASH is? BASH is a conference created by Michelle Burt of Maddycakes Muse, designed to be the premiere networking conference for women entrepreneurs in the entertaining/lifestyle and party blogging industry. Today, I wanted to give you all a little insight as to why I choose this event over many of the others out there.

A few years back, I set up a group on Facebook of professional party bloggers and businesses connected to the party/entertaining/lifestyle world.  I've made some great friends through this group and it's afforded me opportunities to work with some of the most talented entertaining/lifestyle bloggers around, many of whom were bloggers I regularly followed.  So, it was a HUGE moment for me when asked to be on the team for BASH by Michelle, as she was one of those bloggers I followed. If you've been reading for a while, you might even remember I asked her to participate in my Favorite Things post some years back. 

I digress.....I just want to share with you why I want to attend this conference and how I believe it will change how I run my business and work with other professionals. For any of you who are event planners or party bloggers  looking to finally take that step to jump start your business, I really want you to read the following post that I shared with my professional party peer group on Facebook:   

Last year, I made up my mind that I was attending a blogging conference. I didn't know which one, I didn't know how it was going to happen, but I wrote it down on my “2014 Goals,” and put it in the hands of God and the Universe and I'll be damned – it’s happening!

I started my blog about five years ago. At that time, the blogs I followed were Polkadots & Pirates, The Tomkat Studio, Celebrations at Home, Stem Parties, Thoughtfully Simple, Paper & Cake, Maddycakes Muse, The Celebration Shoppe, Pizzazzerie, HWTM, Design Dazzle, Not Just a Mommy....to name a few (I know I am forgetting some…). These bloggers were only blogging for about a year or so, and in some cases just a few months before I started blogging.

After a few years of blogging myself and ESPECIALLY after moving the Party People group over to FB,  I started to notice something about my favorite bloggers. They were doing BIG THINGS - in my book! I was really impressed and admittedly envious at what they were achieving. How could all these people be so successful at blogging? What was I doing wrong? I blogged all the time and I shared my creative ideas too - shoot! I wanted to make money, too! Then, it hit me. All of them were connecting with each other at meet-ups and conferences. It hit me even more when I saw all the bonding that was happening through photos at these conferences (gotta love Instagram). I became very aware that they had a connection and bond with each other that was directly related to what I was seeing happening with their blogs. After getting to know a few of them through our FB group, I found out they just started to take their blogs and businesses very seriously and realized the importance of networking and getting out there personally. They just took the step.

When I look back at WHO I followed back then - and look at who is speaking at BASH - I realize that those are the same people I started out with when I started blogging. These are honestly people who I truly admire and have been inspired by. It is AMAZING the level and degree of talent that will be there in the lineup. I honestly look at the BASH site sometimes and shake my head and just think, WOW! All my favorite bloggers and party experts in one room, and I'm going to get to sit and talk with them and pick their brains (and trust me…I will be picking brains so you’d better get ready!). They have networked, built their brand, worked with HUGE brand name companies and products and are earning a living from it.

I am not sharing this just because I am on the BASH Team. I'm sharing this because I know that planning events and styling party spaces and being able to blog about it is what I love to do. It's my passion. It's ALSO what you all love to do, too. Looking back - I wouldn't think that in a million years ANYONE would be able to really share how to plan a party, how to create a dessert table, how to bake cupcakes and do all of these creative things where it becomes a career- but they have. They are living proof. They are going to be at BASH. So, my question is - WILL YOU?

I ask that question because I know there are so many of us reading this who want more for our businesses, for our families and for ourselves and we are always asking the question HOW? How did the other bloggers do it? I know for some, this is not an easy decision to make as it's an investment in time and money. But if you can do it, if you find a way to do so, I really want anyone who is undecided to just take that step. I know it will not only change the way you look at your own business, but for great relationship building, inspiration and sourcing.

If I sound very passionate about it, it's because I really am.  I believe in what Michelle is creating for BASH and what she wants for all of us.  She's put in a lot of work to put together a very stellar event that will help those who need and want to build their businesses to go to the next level.  Now go and register for BASH!
!!!

Read more about BASH and how to prepare for a conference here:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails