SEARCH THIS BLOG

Monday, September 22, 2014

{Back to Routine} Easy Slow Cooker Asian Pork Tenderloin with Smithfield

This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with 
Weave Made Media and Smithfield, all opinions are my own my-disclosur.es/RgFrEH



Summer's over, Fall is here, school is back in session and that means I start getting back into more of a routine in my home.  Between being a wife, mom, party stylist/designer, blogger and working a full-time job (wipes sweat from brow) I have to help manage a household alongside my better half.  One thing that makes our lives less hectic are easy slower cooker meals for dinner. 

Lately, I've been on an Asian food kick.  I love how the simplest ingredients in Asian recipes makes the most flavorful and healthy dishes.  I got to thinking how much easier it would be my Crock-Pot!  So, I made this DELICIOUS slow cooker Asian Pork Tenderloin recently and just had to share!

I headed to my local Safeway and picked up a Smithfield All Natural Pork Tenderloin and all my ingredients for my meal.  I've been trying to get my family to eat healthier and the All Natural line from Smithfield certainly fit the bill.


I used some of the ingredients found in this recipe and instead of pork shoulder used tenderloin - but you could certainly use your favorite cut of pork!  I didn't use Bok Choy cause I'm not a fan of it, if it's your thing, go for it.  Following the steps in the recipe, I mixed all my ingredients together and let my Sous Chef, The Mini Diva, assist.  One other thing I am trying to get into the routine of doing is letting the kids help prepare our family meals.  Hopefully, this will make them want to eat all their dinner (crossing fingers).



Using our trusty and well-loved Crock-Pot, I let the tenderloin slow cook on low for several hours and when it was done tossed in some scallions.....YUM!


Let me say that this dish was SO GOOD!  Only thing I would personally change if I made it again is the amount of  Chinese five spice powder I used.  Its not my favorite seasoning in the world, and I maybe could have even done without it.  However, the meal was awesome and filling.....and even Mr. Picky Mr. S. digged in and gobbled it up!



We're big on Smithfield here in our house and love us a good spiral ham and bacon!  I don't believe I've ever tried the tenderloin, but it was very tender, moist and carried the flavor of the dish very well.  This recipe would also make a fabulous dish for a Pot Luck dinner or even for a holiday buffet item.  Serve it with Jasmine rice and you will not be disappointed.  I can't wait to make this again for my family!



How are you getting back to routine?  Share your tips and ideas in the comments below. 

You can pick up your own All Natural Smithfield at your local Safeway, Tom Thumb, Randalls or Genuardi and be sure to use this $1 OFF COUPON (while supplies last) towards your purchase.  You will have to register for Just4U to get access to the coupon.

Find more Smithfield products here and follow Smithfield on Facebook


 

11 comments:

  1. YUM! I needed some dinner ideas for this week and this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Smithfield "garlic rotisserie" in the slow cooker right now, waiting on me for dinner. Kinda wish I'd seen thisbefore I put it in though. It looks great, maybe next week I'll try it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Smithfield "garlic rotisserie" in the slow cooker right now, waiting on me for dinner. Kinda wish I'd seen thisbefore I put it in though. It looks great, maybe next week I'll try it

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've combined several of my favorite things: pork tenderloin, Asian flavors, and a slow cooker. Thank you in advance! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally putting this recipe in my dinner line-up! Yummers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE pork tenderloin! One of my favorites! Never cooked one in my crock pot. Definitely will be trying this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks SO yummy!! I need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks SO delicious! Thanks for a yummy recipe - just pinned it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this looks like a fabulous recipe!! Must try.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails