SEARCH THIS BLOG

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

{Party Style} Red, White and Blue Patriotic Headband Tutorial


July 4th is such a fun holiday to celebrate and I love making patriotic crafts with the kids.  This year, I wanted to make something festive for them to wear.  After scouring my stash I found lots of ribbon, some felt, a plain white headband and decided to make a red, white and blue decorative headband for for my Little Miss Independent.   What I loved most about this project is that it literally cost me nothing extra to make, cause I already had everything available in my craft room and it took very little time to make.  




If you'd like to make one for your own little miss independent follow the instructions in the tutorial below!


To get started, I created a felt rolled flower.  This tutorial has steps on making one similar to the one used for my headband, but you might also found this rolled felt flower tutorial helpful for making some in general.


Just a little side note - when gluing the  rectangle to the flower be sure that only the center of the rectangle is glued; you will need to have enough material left on the ends to securely wrap around the headband.





This headband was quick and easy to make and is such a festive accessory for the July 4th holiday!  If you make this headband for your own Little Miss Independent I'd love to see how yours turns out! Feel free to share your creation in the comments below.






2 comments:

  1. Love this. She looks so pretty Keisha. The headband is adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute headband! Love the bow layered on the felt flower. And it doesn't hurt that you have such a pretty model to show it off :) ~Amy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails