SEARCH THIS BLOG

Thursday, October 24, 2013

{13 Days of Handmade Halloween} Fall Jar Wrap


Hi, Kenna here from Miss Party Mom! When Keisha asked me to join in on the 13 Days of Handmade Halloween I was excited for a chance to team up with her and a bunch of other talented ladies! I was even more excited when I learned that my project was a perfect fit for me to do along side my son, who is always dying to help me out with crafts for my parties.

My project was Oriental Trading's Fall Jar Wrap Kit... a perfectly simple project for me and my crafty 4 year old!

We opened up our jar-wrap kits, read through the simple directions and got to work. I choose to use the Mason jar as my base because everyone has them and it feels very homemade and fitting to me. Immediately I knew I wanted to add in a few of my favorite crafting materials: 1) Gold Glitter for the jar's rim 2) Ric-Rac to tie my sunflowers with 3) Bakers Twine to sew the acorn buttons on with

One thing I loved about this project was that it came with 6 jar kits- I can literally make one for each of my son's preschool teachers!

Project Needs:

Hot Glue Gun
Needle & Thread
Glue
Glitter
Paintbrush



Unlike when I'm planning a party and need thing to look a certain way- I literally let him lay out this project exactly how he wanted to without nit picking it at all! GO me!
For my own jar (we each did one) I chose to add fine grain gold glitter to the rim just to add a little sparkle! I simple took a paintbrush and brushed glue around the rim and then sprinkled on the glitter... 

My son and his finished jar- he was a proud crafting boy! He is dead set on filling his jar with candy corn- of course!
I was pretty proud of my jar too- so much so that we ran out and got some sunflowers to go inside- felt like the perfect addition!
xo Party or Die xo,
Kenna
(and Cormac)

Bloggers using items from Oriental Trading were provided the products free of charge by the company provided their own honest opinion.  Others may have a different opinion or experience with the product(s) listed above.  No other type of compensation was received.


2 comments:

  1. Your son is adorable and thanks for sharing this project. Hopefully I can tear my granddaughter away from her mermaid movies long enough to make one of these.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails