SEARCH THIS BLOG

Monday, February 6, 2012

{Superbowl Party 'Recap'} Defeated

Ya know......I really thought we were gonna do it again.....but it didn't happen.....I'm so upset about the Pats losing to the NY Giants.  I talked so much smack....oh well, another one bites the dust.  I really  feel sad.....much like the Superbowl Party centerpiece my kids destroyed before I could ever take pictures of it.....

Defeated.

Because I'm a control freak and tried not to, this year I let my daughter help me with the decorations for the party.  She was too happy to help mommy cut and fold things.  She told me she was very good at cutting and folding.....it was really cute....check out her handiwork!


Here's to me thinking I could really talk my daughter out of  helping me set up for 'the big party'.....Defeated.

I used the free printables that I made for the party and really didn't do much decorating because I was busy working on customer orders and making all of this food......
.....only to get seven phone calls from people saying they wouldn't be able to make it.  Pocketbook Defeated......

We made a yummy chocolate cake too and decorated it with sprinkles and toppings just before the half-time show....but it didn't even make it to the table before it was gone....Defeated.....

Even with that, it actually was a good time to be had by all (remaining seven of us).  Although my Pats did not win, as a native New Yorker (and still a closet fan), I am happy for the Giants!  Good game guys!

On another note, I can't let another day this month go by without recognizing the importance of Black History Month.  I'll add a historical fact about an African-American at the end of each post this month as 'Today in Black History.'  Please check out today's historical fact!

Today in Black History  - The Mayflower of Liberia

The first organized emigration back to Africa begins when 86 free African Americans leave New York Harbor aboard the Mayflower of Liberia. They are bound for the British colony of Sierra Leone, which welcomes free African Americans as well as fugitive slaves. Source (winning!)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails