Apple cider sho' is yummy - and it's yummier when baked into a delicious cupcake! I found this recipe for Apple Cider Cupcakes over at Coconut & Lime. It's a moist cupcake and very delicious. I decided to make my own Cinnamon Buttercream instead of making the caramel frosting suggested with the recipe.
Apple Cider Cupcakes
a la Coconut & Lime
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (room temp)
2/3 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs (room temp)
2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tsp Cinnamon*
1/2 Tsp. Salt (I used 1/8 tsp)
1 2/3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Cup Apple Cider
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. Cream butter & sugar in a bowl until light & fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time until combined, scraping bowl as necessary.
4. Add baking powder, cinnamon & salt.
5. Add flour and apple cider alternately starting and ending with the flour until combined; scrape bowl between additions.
6. Pour batter into pan and fill 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centers come out clean.
2 Sticks Butter
1 Tsp. Vanilla
41/2 Cups Confectioner's Sugar - sifted
1 Tbsp. Milk
1 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
1. Mix butter on medim speed about 1 minute.
2. Add vanilla until combined.
3. Gradually add in sugar about 1/2 cup at a time.
4. Add milk to mixture (depending on how thick or thin you want the frosting use your best judgement - you might want to add more milk. I prefer a thicker frosting.)
5. Mix Cinnamon into frosting by hand until well combined.
*I forgot to add the cinnamon to the batter and had to swirl it into each cupcake individually -which actually created a nice marbled effect - still tasted great!