SEARCH THIS BLOG

Monday, August 9, 2010

Cupcake Monday & My 35th Birthday Party Recap

Okay so I know I said I was going to do a Midsummer Night’s Dream themed Party – but that did not happen.  I searched my favorite spots for decor and everything I came across reminded me of a fairy party for a five year-old.  So, given the amount of time I had to work with – I just decided to go with something simple. 

Luckily I came across some fun scrapbook paper and coordinating ribbon on clearance at AC Moore and used the colors from the papers to accent my party.  I chose to use my initials (KNS) and work with a monogram theme to really keep everything simple. 

Here’s what I was able to turn out:



I love the color palette with the soft melons as they are a perfect representation of summer.  The dots and stripes patterns always seem to pair nicely together.  Mini poms, honeycomb balls, ribbon and natural jute twine were used as decorative accents. 

On the menu were three types of pasta, grilled chicken, garden salad and for dessert, Sweet  Potato Cupcakes with Marshmallow Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting; hot dogs and hamburgers were served for the kids.

For beverages, I concocted a blend of Hawaiian Punch and V8 Juice Splashers.  My husband whipped up his special Margaritas for me and my guests and he kept those babies coming all night long.  We also had a selection of beer, wine and coolers, as well. 

I would have loved to do more, but I'd previously committed to baking two cakes for another party on the same day.  If you want to know why in the world I’d do cakes for another party on my big day is because my party was a last minute decision....and that I am also very insane ;)

Here are the two cakes I made for a 36th birthday celebration:
 100_0584
100_0586
100_0587
100_0588

The first cake is a Triple Vanilla cake with Vanilla Buttercream and the other cake was for the Birthday Fella – he doesn’t like frosting so a plain chocolate cake with fresh strawberries was requested.  I made my Mocha Chocolate cake and baked it in a Bundt pan and topped it with strawberries.

I hear tell that both cakes were a hit!

I had such a blast celebrating my birthday in the company of my dearest friends and family.  I danced and sang and clapped and laughed and sipped – a lot – and woke up at 11 am the next morning feeling all of 25 plus 10 :)  - I even did a Beyonce jig that I’m praying doesn’t wind up on You Tube…..
 100_0643

After all that partying I guess when I (finally) woke up the next morning it was just like a Midsummer Night’s Dream!

3 comments:

  1. Oh such a lovely party! How wonderful to dance the night away! :) Happy, happy birthday!!!


    swapping.queen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the decor. What happens at your party stays at your party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great time. Everything looked great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails